Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Review : October

October is the birthday month but the big 4-0 was last year so this year it was fairly inconsequential. I had a nice day in Stratford and also went back to the town later in the month to do some research for my dissertation proposal. Study with the Open University can take you to many places, actually in my case in October it took me to Leeds for the first time when i attended my final Day School!

One happy unintended consequence of going to Leeds was that my photo of the golden postboxes there has now ended up in print in a magazine in Bradford. I got my complimentary copies in the post last week and its an undoubted thrill to see your name in print and a photo you have taken nicely glossy. In late October i also went to London and visited Little Venice again.

In October i went to my second gig of the year (lets try and make it 3 in 2013!) when i saw Mary Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin. I also decided on my new computer, though this did not arrive until early November... I tried my hand at a bit of baking when i made some mince pies, and they didn't turn out too badly to be honest!

The model building season came to an end in November (i do my models in the kitchen extension and as its unheated it just gets too cold in the Winter!) when i completed a Spitfire I and a Chipmunk. Song of the month was "Separate sense" by The Dreamscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment