Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nursery cage

Right lets boot up the 2011 gardening season proper. I am moving away from fencing off the veg plot this year as its all a bit horticulturally-fascist to enclose areas yeah? Anyway the fence didn't really work last year.

Instead i am going to try smaller "cages" to protect seedlings and sown seeds until they are big enough to fend for themselves in the slug infested nightmare that is my garden. I built my prototype nursery cage today, i know you can buy stuff like this from DIY stores but i am an engineer and i prefer to make my own even if it ends up in a horrific disaster. Besides which i was able to reuse my fence mesh from last year and stick it to the man yeah? Tanks into ploughshares and fences into cages.

First seeds sown this year are some radishes which did quite well last year. I even ate some of my crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment