Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review of 2014 : July

So July was a new start work wise, now in Solihull not Worcester. The job was similar but seemed a much nicer place and so far (fingers crossed of course) that has proven to be the case! Working at a business park and not in a city centre means there is a lot less to do at lunchtime, though it also means that are far fewer temptations to part me from my cash.

In a change from my usual photography practice where photos of trains were incidental and taken while (usually) going to a canal i began to do some dedicated railway photoshoots starting at Barnt Green. I also returned to Stratford for the river festival and made my long overdue visit to Coventry Transport Museum. I also returned to Perry Barr for the first time in over a year. I couldn't return or go anywhere near BCU for a long time but the pain has healed by now and i visited my old canal haunt and drove past my old workplace. Interestingly my ex-colleagues have now moved to the city centre at long last.

Artist of the month was Phil Reynolds And The Dearly Departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment