Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who was Zara?

On the wall of my bedroom hangs a painting, it has been in the family a long time, for years it hung on the wall in my Grandmother's house and when she died the painting passed over to me (or rather i saved it from the skip). The painting is not famous or valuable (i suspect) but i love it, and i wish i knew more about it.
Who painted this?
The painting is very simple, showing a number of sail boats in a bay somewhere. A critic would probably think the painting was rubbish but it takes me away to a more relaxing place, maybe a sleepy bay somewhere that smells of fish. Where the painting came from i do not know, i assume my Nan bought it on holiday somewhere back in the 50s and 60s, it does seem to have the air of a print from that time.

Its signed "Zara", of course Googling "Zara painting" does not get me very far, does anyone know any good ways of trying to find out more about this artist and maybe what other work she did?

2 comments:

  1. Zara could be the location where this scene took place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good idea, i know they did go to Jugoslavia back in the 50s or 60s.

    ReplyDelete