Friday, May 31, 2013

A826 progress w/c 27/05/13

Now i'm up and running with the dissertation part of my masters degree (A826 in Open University code) i thought i would do a weekly progress report, detailing what i have been doing this week and maybe some thoughts on how my project is progressing. And if i haven't done anything in a week hopefully this record can shame me to get my finger out!

Anyway this week i initiated contact with my tutor and we discussed some aspects of my project. My project of course is looking at the economic effect of new transport links on Stratford in the early 19th century. I've decided to narrow the project down a bit and only look at the effect of the Stratford & Moreton Tramway as it was thought that covering the tramway and canal might have led to trouble later on.

Today i went to Stratford's archives for the first time this year. I didn't look at any primary sources but instead read the Victoria County Histories and some other articles for information. A bit of background information. While i was in Stratford i took a few photographs naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment