Monday, June 11, 2012

Stratford archives

As part of my MA History i am expected to spend some time in the archives, analyzing dusty old documents. I've already been to Birmingham Central Archives but as one of the possible subjects for my dissertation next year is the Stratford & Moreton Tramway i thought it time i familiarized myself with the archives in Stratford-upon-Avon too.

One benefit of Stratford's archives compared to Birmingham is that they are available on Saturdays which is handy! They have a well-stocked library there including a whole bookcase full of trade directories and a lot of potentially useful primary documents. I suspect i will be coming here again quite a lot no matter where my MA takes me.

Afterwards i had a general visit to Stratford, and took a few photos mainly of the river. After a few rainy days it was (mostly) dry and quite a few people were "messing about in boats". This goose was keeping a close eye on matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment