Saturday, February 22, 2014

Return to Stratford... and a surprise

I went to Stratford-upon-Avon quite a few times last year but as my dissertation was based on the town's nineteenth century economy thats not really a surprise. I haven't been to Stratford this year though so i rectified that today. It was a lovely day and the boys and girls from the rowing club were on the river being put through their paces by bellowing coaches on the towpath. All a bit True Blue maybe.

Coming back was special. I didn't realise that some of the extra trains London Midland put on for Stratford on a Saturday go via Dorridge and hence via the branch line that breaks off the Chiltern Line near Hatton going through Claverdon and Bearley and rejoining the usual route near Wilmcote. I've wanted to travel this line for ages, so i can cross that off my bucket list i guess!

I took a few photos today, some of them are a bit overexposed though. I'm not sure about the iPhone 5C camera yet, seems to not be as good as the 4S one but maybe its just how i'm holding it...



No comments:

Post a Comment